Monday, August 10, 2015

On lead guitar and vocals, Mr. Jerry Garcia



Bill Graham:

Good evening. We welcome you, on behalf of the group. We should introduce ... We should thank United Artists and Mr. Ron Rakow. I should make it official. Mr. Rakow is the President of Round Records. He asked if I could be here this evening, and I said 'I'd like twelve dollars and fifty cents', which he paid me at the door, and we flipped double or nothing, and I won, and he wanted to flip again, so I'm being paid fifty dollars for being here. I want to thank him very much.

On the piano we have Mr. Keith Godchaux [electric piano] ... on the drums, on stage left, Mr. Mickey Hart [drums begin] ... on bass and vocals, Mr. Philip Lesh [bah-doomp-bah-doomp bah-doohhhom] ... on rhythm guitar and vocals, Mr. Bob Weir [Bob filligrees a little top knot] ... on the drums on stage right, Mr. Bill Kreutzmann [tss-ts-tss, tss-ts-tss] ... on the vocals Mrs. Donna Jean Godchaux ... on lead guitar and vocals, Mr. Jerry Garcia ... will you welcome, please, the Grateful Dead!

Update: Jesse Jarnow and I are on the same wavelength!

3 comments:

  1. Funny how one thing leads to another. Well, maybe not that funny, but your post > Jesse Jarnow > Backstrom dissertation thesis > Schrödinger > 8.13.75 GAMH and it's not even 6:30 here in Portland. Backstrom and Schrödinger will have to wait 'til after GMAH. One rockpile at a time. Thx Joe. Take care, dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Backstrom's thesis. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a link to the thesis (a must read, iyam) at NedBase

      I-)

      Delete

!Thank you for joining the conversation!