Saturday, June 03, 2017

E72 post 04

http://deadlists.com/deadlists/showresults.asp?KEY=4/24/72

Man, what a great show.

Truckin' out of the gate. Lots of good energy. Good Lovin' another E72 masterpiece, goes all kinds of weird places, including a little ditty/ballad at some point, can't remember if that's while he's repeating for what felt like minutes, almost to himself, one of the very sexually evocative lines he put together for this tour.

That's one of the things that I said earlier: everyone in the band feels like they prepared, both alone and together. They are brimming with ideas, but they're not over-rehearsed.

The Dark Star here just contains multitudes.

I have heard a lot of 10/31/71's light upbeat groove in these E72 Stars, again here. It doesn't get all the way to "Tighten Up", but it gets hinted at. There are just dozens and dozens and dozens of little pieces, from one of the players, that just make you shake your head.

Most notably for me, is this the real birth of what I have always known as "the tiger"? I know there had been earlier hints, but he brings that shit out of prehistoric jungles for the burghers and hipsters of Dusseldorf.

With all of that said, I am 7 shows in (if we count 4/21), 23 discs and I found myself yesterday not feeling like listening to disc four:
  • He's Gone
  • It Hurts Me Too
  • El Paso
  • Not Fade Away>
  • Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad>
  • Not Fade Away
  • One More Saturday Night
Should I? Or should I just get to Jahrhunderthalle? I actively dislike "It Hurts Me Too" and OMSN. The rest I quite like, in general. In general, I wouldn't be missing much. But, this being E72, Phil might wrap Buddy Holly in some Wagner.


http://bozosandbolos.blogspot.com/
http://deaddisc.com/disc/Europe_72_Box.htm

1 comment:

  1. Heh, "the Dark Star here just contains multitudes" may be the understatement of the year. Dunno about this being the first full-blown Tiger climax (aren't there some in those Mar 72 Academy jams?), but this one always stands out in my mind as one of the bloodiest and most ferocious. Although I don't buy it, I enjoy the rumor that Stockhausen and his retinue were supposedly in attendance for this one.

    ReplyDelete

!Thank you for joining the conversation!