Tuesday, July 25, 2017

E72 post 14

Should have been mentioning that there's been some good Tigering in the recent PITBs.

5/18/72 bullets follow. Overall, a wonderful show up to Dark Star (where I left off yesterday).
  • I confess that I managed to "miss" "It Hurts Me Too" and "You Win Again" while my headphones had to be removed.
  • Whole (rest of) first set is very tight. 
  • These PITBs are still only 10 minutes, but they pack a punch - the crowd appreciates.
  • Even "Casey Jones" is good.
  • To start set II, Phil signals GSET, but Garcia pulls out SOTOTW and it's *fantastic*. He doesn't remember all the lyrics, but it's just great to hear him tackle this chestnut, which had gotten a little play since Keith came onboard. It segues into a scorching MAMU, really fiery and aggressive. A few pretty good shorter numbers and then ...
 .. as I was coasting to a close, I hear a very interesting noodle that is clearly "Dark Star" despite having no formal relationship to that composition. Mmmm mmm mm. And I like the looks of Jim Powell's Dark Star map for this version:
Dark Star theme/jam [10:52] > Restate theme [1:56] > First Verse [1:28] > Spacy Jam [4:45] > Jerry, Phil and Bob [1:25] > Dissonant Scary Jam [5:35] > transition [1:37] >

No comments:

Post a Comment

!Thank you for joining the conversation!