Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eddie Claridge Presents


ad from the Village Voice, June 27, 1974, p. 67: Eddie Claridge Presents, Capitol Theatre (x49 Westchester Avenue, Port Chester, NY): Friday, July 12 [1974] 9 pm, David Bromberg with very special guest Eric Andersen.

I only know of Eddie Claridge as the legendary New York-area taper. Since tapers are my heroes, I try to know their stories as much as I can, and I did not know that Eddie Claridge was also a promoter.

Anyway, mostly because I likes me some images.

2 comments:

  1. i think i saw this show unless they played there together more than once. eddie was a well known taper but got involved with the capitol in the mid 70's. i saw a few shows he did there including this one, the new riders with commander cody in 73 and return to forever with larry coryell's 11th house in 75 among others. i think i mught still have the ticket stubs for these somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to show this to Eddie on memorial day, think he'll get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete

!Thank you for joining the conversation!