Sunday, October 04, 2020

JGMF on Tales From the Golden Road

Dear readers, David Gans and Gary Lambert will be hosting yours truly on "Tales From the Golden Road" on the SiriusXM GD channel today at 5 PM eastern, to talk about the topics you know well from the site and, especially, Jerrybase! m0thra and I keep working the site, lots more features, new data, eye candy and more to come!

Call or email goldenroad@siriusxm.com or visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tftgr. Phone in live to 888-897-4748.

BTW, the partnership for the site was born in comments here, somewhere. I noted I didn't handy way to work with GOTS setlist data, LIA gently chastised me for not having gotten that shit together, m0thra volunteered to help, and the rest is history. If anyone can link me to that discussion, as the uhr moment for Jerrybase, I'd be grateful!

(Of course, it could have been at one of the other blogs, I dunno.)

update: here it is! I had said "I don't really have the data I'd need to map song debuts."
On April 18, LIA replies
Really? This is alarming. Being able to find when Garcia played songs seems like a basic necessity for Garcia scholars! But there currently seems no way to conveniently search this stuff online, short of looking through all the setlists. Someone needs to put together a song database for Garcia's repertoire.
I say I probably have the data for it, m0thra offers his services, which really are a form of white magic, and off we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!Thank you for joining the conversation!