But, in the meantime ...
Some years ago, I posted about the Grateful Dead gig on Friday, May 16, 1969 in the gymnasium of Campolindo High School, 300 Moraga Rd., Moraga, CA, 94556. I posted a wild-sounding story about the gig which may contain some actual truth. There were comments and such. At some point I'll do a whole new post on the gig.
Here's some eye candy from the Campolindo High School yearbook, Compañero, for the 1968-1969 school year.
I have labeled numbered the eleven live shots, which I presume to include very rare shots of Frumious Bandersnatch and the Velvet Hammer. These were on pp. 12-13 of the spring supplement to the yearbook. Here's what I think I see.
1. dancing youth
2. GD live onstage, L-R: Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Bob Weir
3. Frumious Bandersnatch live onstage, L-R: Jack Notestein - bass; Jack King - drums.
4. GD live onstage, L-R: Ron "Pigpen" McKernan, Jerry Garcia, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart
5. ?Velvet Hammer? unknown guitar player
6. ?Velvet Hammer? guitar, drums, bass, keyboard
7. kid dancing. Right on, kid.
8. Frumious Bandersnatch live onstage, L-R: Jack Notestein - bass; Jack King - drums, vocals; Bobby Winkelman - guitar, vocals; David Denny - guitar, vocals. (Thanks to David Denny for confirmation!)
9. light show projectionists
10. hanging out under the light show projection tables
11. ?? two young women singing and playing acoustic guitar