Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NRPS: Gypsy Cowboy (Columbia KC-31930, 1972)

Anyone know the recording location/dates of this album? I assume that this was at Heider's, since the great Stephen Barncard gets production and engineering credits. I see there's a blog called "Recording Wally Heider" ... I'd love to see more emerge there, though I haven't really poked around.

Anyone know the release date? Since the single from the album was released in February 1973, very late '72 seems likely release date for the whole album.

Scofield's deaddisc entry is here: http://www.deaddisc.com/disc/Gypsy_Cowboy.htm.

Anyway, just curious.

2 comments:

  1. I received this album as a Christmas present in 1972 (yes it was on my list).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am told the release date was November 1972.

    ReplyDelete

!Thank you for joining the conversation!